In a hyper-connected, choice driven market, where customers have the control at their fingertips, banks need to adapt quickly to changing customer expectations. Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, Australia’s fifth largest retail bank, puts the customer at the centre of its business strategy. With help from IBM, now the Bank can personalise marketing programs, tailor interactions to best meet the needs of the customer, and match to their preferred channels, whether digital, mobile or in one of more than 500 branches across Australia.
The IBM marketing solutions deployed include IBM Campaign, Watson Campaign Automation and IBM Interact. As a result, the marketers and customer facing staff can:
- Deliver a consistent customer experience, regardless of the customer’s preferred channels - email, web, mobile, MS, social and messaging
- Maintain the Bank’s high levels of customer service with consistent, personalised automated messaging across inbound touchpoints, including websites, mobile and call centres.
- Be quicker to market with responsive, event-driven campaigns that are targeted to specific customer needs, creating better returns on investment
- Create more personalised offers and servicing communications that add more value to their customers
- Reassure customers that sensitive information is controlled and protected by the bank
Ian Jackman, Head of Customer Voice, commented, “We are continually focused on our vision to be Australia’s most customer connected bank, and to achieve that we need to be able to deeply understand our customers and respond to their needs and expectations via their channel of choice. Deploying IBM’s marketing solutions significantly extends our existing capabilities though building awareness across all interactions and channels, and enabling us to sense and respond to customer needs and deliver a seamless, connected, personalised and data-driven experience.”
Tim Doidge, Head of IBM Watson Customer Engagement in Australia, IBM added “The banking industry is facing significant disruption - from new entrants in the market, to changes in regulation, and the need for constant innovation to meet emerging customer expectations. IBM marketing solutions, bring banks even closer to their customers, through actionable data insights to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction, both retaining as well as attracting new customers.”
Last year, the Bank deployed the IBM Cloud Platform to build, test and deploy timely and cost effective solutions that better respond to customer needs. The addition of IBM Watson Marketing is a further evolution of the bank’s customer connectedness strategy, and will bring the Bank one step closer to its business goals.
(1) Bendigo Bank # 1 in 2015 and 2016 – Forrester Customer Experience Index