As the HR Director for IBM Australia andamp; New Zealand, Jill works closely with the ANZ General Manager and the senior leadership team, providing end to end HR business advice and operational support. With a large IBM workforce based in every state and territory in Australia and the main commercial centres in New Zealand, a key aspect of the role is to partner with the business leaders in identifying solutions to business challenges, assisting the organisation to adapt & embrace change and pro-actively identifying areas for competitive advantage from a people perspective.
As HR Director, Jill is also responsible for building collaborative teams across the HR Generalists, HR Integrated Service Teams and HR functional teams who provide specialist knowledge & service in areas such as recruitment, compensation, employee & industrial relations & talent development. Her areas of expertise include:
- Organisational Development and Design, from conception to implementation
- Executive level performance management, career development and coaching
- Identification of top talent and implementation of talent programs
- Designing and deploying programs to ensure a high performance culture
- Implementation of Reward and Recognition Programs
- Compensation strategy and deployment across the business
- Business restructuring programs, including redeployment and resource action programs
- Working with finance & operations to identify solutions to address labour cost challenges
- Employee relations and individual case management
- Overseeing diversity strategy and programs, with particular emphasis on development and promotion of women into senior roles
Jill is renowned for her results oriented approach and focusing HR on the needs of the business. Jill's combination of business acumen, judgement, compassion and positive energy has been integral to her strong leadership and sustained business outcomes.
Jill re-joined IBM in 2008 after living overseas with her family. She has over twenty years’ experience in diverse roles across Business Operations and HR in the Information Technology industry. She has completed a Bachelor of Behavioural Science with a double major in Psychology.